A Sign from the Past in the Present and the Way in which it Happened


     So, here I am not knowing what I'm doing making a blog, so just bear with me. It's just something I feel like doing. My sister, Dani, also has a blog. It seems to help her with life issues and letting them out instead of holding them inside. 

I was in a 20-year relationship that started around 1981. We dated for a while and officially came up with 1984 for our anniversary date. I'm not sure why, but that's the way it was. His name was Dale and I loved him with all my heart. And he returned that love to me.

Well, we had "Our Song" like most couples do. It was called "It's My Life" by Talk Talk. There were quite a few different variations and I swear every time we would go to "Carol's Speakeasy" in Chicago, the DJ would have found an obscure version that we had never heard before. This is a link to the YouTube official video version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFH5JgyZK1I  

We are going to fast forward through the GOOD times and the BAD times to around 2001 - 2002. Dale and I picked up the CD "Rock Steady" by No Doubt. We both really liked the song "Hella Good." What a great JAM that was and still is. There were some other great songs on there too. Sorry, but you'll have to find your own links to these songs. lol.

Then Came July 2003. I said goodbye to Dale on my way out to working afternoon shift. Dale was also working the afternoon shift. So, I got home and there were a bunch of kids running around the neighborhood, just being kids. After a few minutes, there was a knock at the door, it was two Police officers. I figured they were just checking around the neighborhood because of the kids running around. They came inside and said, "I think you should sit down" and I was thinking "OK" this was an odd thing to say. They told me that Dale had died in a work accident. Of course, everything from that point went into fast, crazy motion. I questioned them about it, but they had little to tell me about what exactly happened. After the police left, I called his job, but no one would talk to me about it. I called my Mom and she came over and I did lots and lots of crying. It felt like half of me was ripped from me. Never to be there again.

Then onto November 2003. I'm driving along, going to work, and a song popped up on the radio. It was a cover version of "It's My Life" by No Doubt. My jaw dropped to the car floor. Was this some way that the universe was telling me everything would be ok? Was it telling me that Dale was watching over me? I'm not a religious person, but I do have my own beliefs. This just couldn't be coincidence, but I would take it for what it was at that time. A comfort. This is a link to the YouTube official video version:      No Doubt - It's My Life (Edited) - YouTube

Up to date November 2022. I needed to take a prescription to CVS to have filled. When I got back in the car and started it up, the No Doubt version "It's My Life" started playing on the radio. How strangely wonderful that almost 19 years later, to the release date, that this song would be playing. And I know this is a message from Dale telling me that he is watching over me. I am having some health issues going on currently and I truly cannot take it any other way. 

There will be more on my current life events. I just needed a place to start and here it is. I just don't want to outright post some things on Facebook. So hopefully some of you will read this and gain a little more knowledge of my life and I will be glad for that. Other people will pass it by or not see it and that's ok, too. 

At least this might help me through my journey in the mystery called life. 😄  




Comments

  1. Thank you for inviting us into your journey and for sharing some of your joy, pain, and healing. That requires trust and courage and I will travel with you honouring both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm along for the ride, sure you'll do well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Another Life Lesson?

Heredity: A Basic Overview because the Whole Story is Way too Long